Alexandria (Chatby) Military and War Memorial Cemetery
Chatby is a district on the eastern side of the city of Alexandria, between the main dual carriageway to Aboukir (known as Al Horaya) and the sea.
Chatby Military and War Memorial Cemetery (originally the Garrison cemetery) was used for burials until April 1916, when a new cemetery was opened at Hadra. Thereafter, burials at Chatby were infrequent, although some graves were brought into the cemetery after the war from other burial grounds in the area.
Amongst those buried at the Cemetery is Thomas Ormerod (Grave Ref. H. 36.), who died on 10 September 1915, whilst serving with the Border Regiment.