Dury Mill British Cemetery
Dury is a village 1 kilometre north of the straight main road from Arras to Cambrai. The Cemetery is located in open fields, south of the village, and is approached along an unsurfaced track about 500 metres long.
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission website describes how "In August 1918, Dury was behind the German defence system known as the Drocourt-Queant line; but on 2 September this line was broken by the Canadian and XVII Corps, and Dury village and the hill just South of it (Mont Dury, or Dury Ridge) were captured. The Mill (Moulin Damiens) stood beside the road from Dury to Villers-les-Cagnicourt, and was destroyed. The Cemetery was begun by Canadian units on 5 September 1918, and closed sixteen days later."
|138116 PRIVATE / L. ASHTON / 75TH BN. CANADIAN INF. / 2ND
(Grave Ref. II. B. 38.)