Lowrie Cemetery, Havrincourt
Havrincourt is a village about 12 kilometres south-west of Cambrai and just north of Havrincourt Wood. The Cemetery is located 1 kilometre north of the village on the left hand side of the road towards Marquion.
Lowrie Cemetery was created by the 3rd Division Burial Officer at the beginning of October 1918, and named after him. The original 211 burials were increased after the Armistice when graves were brought in from the battlefields on all sides of Havrincourt. Most of the men buried in the Cemetery died in September 1918, including Rolston P. Ormerod (Grave Ref. D. 5.), of the 8th Battalion, King's Own (Royal Lancaster Regt), who died on 27 September 1918.
|235067 PRIVATE / R.P. ORMEROD / ROYAL LANCASTER REGIMENT / 27TH SEPTEMBER 1918|