Tincourt New British Cemetery
Tincourt is a village about 7 kilometres east of Péronne and Tincourt New British Cemetery is on the west side of the village, just off the D199.
The villages were occupied by British troops in March 1917, during the German Retreat to the Hindenburg Line; and from the following May until March 1918, Tincourt became a centre for Casualty Clearing Stations. After the Armistice it was used for the reburial of soldiers found on the battlefield, or buried in small French or German cemeteries.
|344653 GUNNER /
JOHN ORMROD / ROYAL GARRISON ARTILLERY / 3RD
FEBRUARY 1918. AGE 36 / HE LOVED AND WAS BELOVED
(Grave Ref. IV. D. 29.)
|36650 PRIVATE / W. WADDINGTON / LEICESTERSHIRE REGIMENT /
10TH DECEMBER 1917
(Grave Ref. IV. B. 8.)