Candie Cemetery, St Peter Port, Guernsey
Candie Cemetery is situated in St Peter Port, the capital of the Channel Island of Guernsey.
The Cemetery contains the grave of Richard Ormerod, one of the Ormerods of Rosegrove.
Richard moved to Guernsey in about 1846 and died in Mile Bank House, St Peter Port, Guernsey, of general debility in 1850. His burial in Guernsey was witnessed by Henry Hall, Richard's solicitor.
A possible explanation for Richard's link to Guernsey might be the vicar of Haslingden, the Rev. L.H.
Mordaque, who is believed to have come from the island. He died on 30 January 1870, aged 46 years.
|The grave of Richard Ormerod (1819-1850), youngest son of Peter Ormerod, of Ormerod House, Rosegrove, Burnley|